Looking to book a photo-shoot but you're worried about Covid-19 restrictions? You're in the right place...
Covid-19 has certainly rocked the boat for everyone and I sincerely hope that you and your loved ones are keeping safe and well at this time.
As restrictions begin to ease and photo-shoots get underway once again, I wanted to let you know the steps I'm taking to ensure your photo-shoot experience will be safe but still utterly beautiful so that you can book your shoot with confidence.
- You won't be surprised to hear that I'll be wearing a mask during your photo-shoot. I'll make sure it's a jolly one(!) and I'll be smiling the whole way through behind it, I promise!
- I will be using hand sanitiser during your shoot to keep my hands super clean in case I need to touch any of your props etc.
- Where possible I will keep to a minimum of 2m away from you (please note, in particularly cosy locations this won't always be possible but I'll try my best). If at any point you feel I'm too close, please just ask me to move away (I won't be offended!).
Hair and make-up
Hygiene has always been a top priority for my recommended make-up artist, Caroline. Should you choose to work with her for your photo-shoot, please be reassured that she's taking the following steps so that she can do her job safely while still making you feel a million dollars:
- All tools will have been disinfected and sterilised before use and again between each client.
- Hand sanitiser will be used during your session.
- Caroline has always used disposable mascara wands, sponges and sterilised brushes in the past in order to minimise infection, this will continue to be the case. All disposables will be bagged and removed after your make-up is finished.
How will my photo-shoot experience be affected?
Everyone's safety is paramount as we navigate these ever-changing waters. To that end, I wanted to let you know some things that will be done a bit differently in order to keep everyone safe:
1. In days gone by, if your clothes hung awkwardly or you had misbehaving hair (don't we all!), I would sometimes make adjustments as necessary (often it's easier for me to see what needs adjusting as I look at you). Moving forward, I'll be asking you to make any adjustments so please make sure to bring your own tissues, hairbrush, and pocket mirror.
2. Until public places, such as coffee shops, shops, hotels and galleries are open for us to use their internal spaces more comfortably, I'll be making greater use of outdoor spaces (this may include using coffee shops and bars with outdoor areas).
3. If you’re part of a dynamic duo or a team and you'd like a photo-shoot together, we can absolutely do this taking physical distancing into consideration - we'll get creative! With this in mind, your set of images will have a mix of cohesive individual shots as well as some team photos of you together. I'm currently booking for July, August and September - you're welcome to book in a provisional date now and we can see where we stand with physical distancing closer to the time of your shoot and can postpone the date if necessary.