Recently on Instagram I’ve started a monthly ‘5 things I’m loving right now’ post, but I thought over here on my blog I’d do an extended ‘10 things I’m loving right now’, you lucky lot! Think of this is the director’s cut!
So, here are 10 things that might be filling me with joy, or making my life easier, or just things that I’d really love to share with you.
1. Little Black Book, by Otegha Uwagba: Basically Otegha Uwagba is a genius. No-nonsense, no-fluff, just downright top notch advice in bite size chunks. The perfect little book to carry around with you for inspiration on the go, or to dive into over breakfast to kick-start your day. Thank you, Otegha!
2. Begin Again: I recently watched this for the third time and I never fail to be inspired and uplifted by it. It’s all about fresh starts, following your creativity, breaking the rules, making friends, owning yourself and your talent, second chances, wild dreams, and having fun along the way. Absolutely one of my go-to films.
3. Moo: Their recent call for participation in a survey held the promise that for every completed survey, Moo would donate £1 to a charity of your choice (five options available). I love this company’s ethos, their style, their voice, their values, their way of over-delivering time after time, and of course, their products which have started many a fruitful conversation for me and my business over the years.
4. New places: I’ve been mixing it up recently trying new coffee shops and workspaces. Absolutely loved the vibe of Nottingham Contemporary, Greenhood Coffee House and No. 12 Hounds Gate. Being in alignment with the spaces I inhabit is something I’m becoming so much more aware of.
5. My Lion Dog: “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring—it was peace.” — Milan Kundera.
My trusty Lion Dog had a rough time of it over the summer, she seems to be back to her best, well, as good as an lady Lion Dog can be! (She’s chasing squirrels again so that’s a good sign!) But I’m so much more aware of the fact that her time is limited. Spending time with her is so precious. Always kiss your dog goodnight.
6. Oil burners and essential oils: I was knocked for six by a summer cold a couple of weeks back. I’ve been paying more attention to the toxins around me and that includes the quality of the scents in my home. I’m a sucker for a scented candle, but in order to cleanse the air and to be sure what I was breathing in was healthy, I turned to the trusty oil burner and essential oils; a mix of tea tree, geranium and sandalwood was a winner.
7. ‘Raising Sand’, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss: My current go-to album to listen to whilst cooking, it’s just so chilled but with a groovy undertone. (Can’t help thinking that Robert Plant must be one of the coolest guys
8. The Trip: Winding down with a boxset is a must for me, I’ve always got one on the go. I’m currently catching up with ‘The Trip’. Call me crazy, but I could watch Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon argue over who does the best impressions for hours! Ultimate chill material.
9. Echinacea tea: Listening to my body and taking better care of myself is a work in progress. Having a cold meant I was swapping my usual milky teas for herbal remedies – top of the list was cold-busting, immune-system-strengthening, Echinacea.
10. Autumn: It’s my favourite time of year – the nights are drawing in and it’s time to get cosy with a good book and a warm drink! I love watching places turn golden with the changing leaves. It’s a great time to take stock of where you’re at and what you still want to achieve this year!
Tell me friends, what are you loving just now? Drop me a message, or let me know on social media, I’d love to hear from you!