It’s been a while since I shared some of the things that are currently inspiring me. Whether it’s people, books, music, TED talks, it’s all here! I hope some of them inspire you too.
1. A couple of weeks ago I went to see Mary Portas in conversation as part of her ‘Work Like A Woman’ tour, she was fascinating! She talked all about connecting with your intuition, not being afraid to be who you really are, and the power of creating places where people want to be. Witty, insightful, commanding, it was a treat to hear her speak.
2. I’m so excited to have Keane back in my life with brand new music! They dropped their brand new single, ‘The Way I Feel’, and it’s been on repeat pretty much ever since.
3. Last weekend I finally watched Ocean’s Eight. With an all-star female cast headed up by my absolute fave (and kick-ass woman who would play me in the movie of my life), Sandra Bullock, this was fun, fast and feminine. I was chatting to a friend recently about the power of being in spaces occupied primarily by women and how empowering it feels. This is exactly that encapsulated in a humdinger of a heist movie. You’re welcome!
4. Never underestimate the power of attending events and learning alongside others. Last month I attended a day long workshop with coach extraordinaire, Polly Alexandre. It was a powerful day of learning and transformation, made all the more wonderful by sharing it with so many inspiring women on the same journey as me. Working for yourself can sometimes feel lonely; make time to meet other people, whether it’s working from your favourite cafe for a change of scenery or attending a co-working session.
5. I’m swotting up on my Italian via the brilliant languages app, Duolingo. A few minutes every day transports me to terracotta tiles and sun-blushed tomatoes. And it works! The last time I watched ‘Eat, Pray, Love’, I was able to understand the crazy Italian landlady without the subtitles. That’s a winner in my book!
6. One of my current favourite weekend activities is catching up with the month’s RED magazine. Beautiful photography, inspirational design and jam-packed full of fresh and uplifting content. All the yeses.
7. Over breakfast I’m enjoying reading ‘You Are A Badass at Making Money’, by the brilliant, Jen Sincero. Money is a highly charged taboo topic, we love it, we hate it, we want it, we fear it. Crammed full of exercises to work out what money story you’re running, Sincero breaks it all down and makes it accessible, engaging, and downright laugh-out-loud funny.
8. In this distraction-filled world we live in, finding time to focus properly is proving more and more difficult. Watching the TEDx Talk, ‘How to Get Your Brain to Focus’, by Chris Bailey, was a real eye-opener. He talks about the importance of letting our minds wander in order for our best ideas to find us. And he quotes Tolkien, what’s not to love?
9. I’m embracing the scents of summer and that can only mean one thing - filling my world with Arran Aromatics. These scents remind me of my favourite island paradise, salty sea breezes, squally showers and wild winds, magical forests and magnificent mountains. Take me back….
10. This summer I’m cooking up an omelette storm! Easy, nutritious, one-pot cooking is where it’s at! Some of my favourite omelette recipes can be found in this collection of vegetarian one-pot dishes. Summer. Sorted.
So there you have it! Tell me friends, what are you loving just now? Drop me a message, or let me know on social media, I’d love to hear from you!